We are looking to bring on part-time/occasional editorial book reviewers with the following qualifications:
1. Native English speaking, i.e. you were born speaking English (in any country)
2. Able to write in US English (vs. British English)
3. Access to a computer, printer, scanner, and the internet
4. Willing to read/review books that aren’t your favorite genres, style, or quality level
5. You must be able to complete a book read and a 500 word review within 2 weeks
6. You must have a Paypal account, as that’s how we pay via transfer
7. At least some experience writing book reviews
Grounds for removal/termination include:
1. If we can tell that you didn’t read the book in its entirety
2. You are unresponsive to communication within a reasonable timeframe
3. If you post the review anywhere (partial or whole) or indicate that you wrote it
4. There is evidence you copied the review from elsewhere. We have a zero-tolerance policy on plagiarism, and we use online scanners routinely.
This is not traditional employment. All reviewers are 1099-misc contractors.
If you’re interested in working for us, kindly fill out the information below and we’ll discuss more details, such as schedule and pay.
We look forward to talking with you!