This regards Editorial Reviews written by the staff at The Book Review Directory.
You’re likely reading this because you want more than just a book review. You want an Editorial Review. You want to see how your book stacks up in a professional arena, or perhaps you simply want an honest, objective, and unbiased assessment of your book, feedback that’s difficult to get from your friends, family, and personal circle.
What you’ll receive from an Editorial Review that you likely won’t from a normal book review:
- A professional insight that may or may not come from a normal book review
- A solid timetable and deadline
- “Money quotes,” which are quotes you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book cover jackets, etc. You can also use them in your book marketing, whatever that may be. You bought it, so you can use it at-will.
- Likely more exposure
- With a high rating on a reputable Editorial Review website, your book will always have that in its corner. In a literary world where authors seek ways to stand out, that can help.
- Likely a deeper level of assessment. If you’re afraid a normal book review will simply give you fluff, an Editorial Review will give you something “meatier.”
“The Book Review Directory’s Editorial Reviews are exactly as advertised. They provided me with an insightful, unbiased review of my book with honest feedback that I can’t always get from friends and family. ” -Scott M. Madden, author of The Mouse Thief
An Editorial Review for your self-published or traditionally published book from BRD includes:
- A member of the BRD review staff will read your book in-full.
- We will write a professional, Editorial Review of your book (minimum 500 words), including “money quotes” you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book marketing, book cover jackets, etc.
- Your Editorial Review will be posted on BRD, including a purchase link.
- The post will generate a social media shout-out featuring your book on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Google+.
The Book Review Directory has a reach of over 9,700 subscribers/readers. Since it was created in 2015, The Book Review Directory has seen over 64,000 visitors and 163,000 page views.
See examples of our Editorial Reviews here.
“No one on the team knows me personally, and yet, they nailed the perspective I was coming from and who my audience is intended to be.” – Rio McKee, author of Real Raw Hope
How it works:
You’ll submit your book manuscript in a Word, PDF, or ePub document and the BRD staff will read it in-full. We’ll write up a professional Editorial Review for your book, including quotes you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book cover jackets, etc. You can quote from our Editorial Review for any sort of book marketing you do.
If the Editorial Review is a 4-5 star review, we’ll naturally post it on BRD, including a purchase link. The post will generate a social media shout-out, featuring your book on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Google+.
If the Editorial Review is a 1-3 star review, you will be privately shown the review, and you can decide whether we post it or not. If not, it’ll stay with you and nobody else will ever read it.
“Having such a well-written and honest review ready to post at the same time my book was released has helped boost sales and gives my book a valuable credential.” – Martha Reynolds, author of Villa del Sol
With our queue at normal levels, you can expect the book to be read and the Editorial Review to be written within 3-6 weeks. If the queue is rather full, we’ll give you an updated time frame for completion.
Pricing tier based on the word count of your book (in USD):
- 50,000 words or less: $45
- 60,000 words: $50
- 70,000 words: $55
- 80,000 words: $60
- 90,000 words: $65
- 100,000 words: $70
- 110,000 words: $75
- 120,000 words or more: contact us
Word count is rounded to the nearest 10k words–no partial stories. There is no minimum word count–short stories are accepted. If you have a book over 110k words, please contact us for further pricing. If you want to submit a series or multiple books in the same purchase, mention that for discount bulk rate pricing.
“Their Editorial Book Review service is welcoming, affordable, fast, and highly professional.” – Leora Zairi, author of Deserving Good
A few things to consider:
- All amounts are in USD and only received via Paypal (credit cards are accepted via Paypal). International customers are welcome. Paypal changes over the currency automatically.
- We reserve the ability to turn down any books or genres that we feel aren’t a good fit for our review staff.
- No erotica will be accepted. “Spicy” romance is fine.
- While exposure is guaranteed, a certain number of sales are not guaranteed. The mileage can vary depending on the type of book, description, and quality of the cover.
- Our Editorial Review does not address spelling/grammar issues and should not be confused with a service a book editor would offer. We do not post our Editorial Reviews on any websites other than our own, therefore our service should not be confused with any that offers to post paid book reviews on marketplaces such as Amazon or Goodreads.
To proceed, fill out the form below. I look forward to being in touch with you.