You’re likely reading this because you want more than just a book review. You want an Editorial Review. You want to see how your book stacks up in a professional arena, or perhaps you simply want an honest, objective, and unbiased assessment of your book, feedback that’s difficult to get from your friends, family, and personal circle.
What you’ll receive from an Editorial Review that you likely won’t from a normal book review:
- A professional insight that may or may not come from a normal book review
- A solid timetable and deadline
- “Money quotes,” which are quotes you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book cover jackets, etc. You can also use them in your book marketing, whatever that may be. You bought it, so you can use it at-will.
- Likely more exposure
- With a high rating on a reputable Editorial Review website, your book will always have that in its corner. In a literary world where authors seek ways to stand out, that can help.
- Likely a deeper level of assessment. If you’re afraid a normal book review will simply give you fluff, an Editorial Review will give you something “meatier.” You can expect both compliments and critique, delivered in a constructive, balanced way.
“The Book Review Directory’s Editorial Reviews are exactly as advertised. They provided me with an insightful, unbiased review of my book with honest feedback that I can’t always get from friends and family. ” -Scott M. Madden, author of The Mouse Thief
An Editorial Review for your self-published or traditionally published book from BRD includes:
- A member of the BRD review staff will read your book in-full.
- We will write a professional, Editorial Review of your book (minimum 500 words), including “money quotes” you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book marketing, book cover jackets, etc.
- You’ll receive a PDF of your Editorial Review.
- Your Editorial Review will be posted on BRD, including a purchase link (if your book is published).
- The post will generate a social media shout-out featuring your book on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
The Book Review Directory has a reach of over 10,500 subscribers. Since it was created in 2015, The Book Review Directory has seen over 100,000 visitors and over 260,000 page views.
See examples of our Editorial Reviews here.
“No one on the team knows me personally, and yet, they nailed the perspective I was coming from and who my audience is intended to be.” – Rio McKee, author of Real Raw Hope
How it works:
You’ll submit your book in a Word or PDF document and the BRD staff will read it in-full. We’ll write up a professional Editorial Review for your book, including quotes you can use for the Editorial Review section on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, book cover jackets, etc. You can quote from our Editorial Review for any sort of book marketing you do.
If our Editorial Review contains a 1-3 star rating, you will be privately shown the review, and you can decide whether we post it or not. If not, it’ll stay with you and nobody else will ever read it.
If our Editorial Review contains a 4-5 star rating, we’ll automatically post it on BRD, including a purchase link (if your book is published) for your book. The post will also generate a social media shout-out, featuring your book on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. If you wish to override our automatic post, just let us know and it won’t happen.
We do not guarantee positive reviews, and our reviews are not to be taken as an endorsement.
“Having such a well-written and honest review ready to post at the same time my book was released has helped boost sales and gives my book a valuable credential.” – Martha Reynolds, author of Villa del Sol
With our queue at normal levels, you can expect the book to be read and the Editorial Review to be written within 4-6 weeks. If the queue is rather full, we’ll give you an updated time frame for completion.
Pricing tier based on the word count of your book (in USD):
- 60,000 words or less: $65
- 70,000 words: $70
- 80,000 words: $75
- 90,000 words: $80
- 100,000 words: $85
- 110,000 words: $90
- 120,000 words: $96
- 130,000 words or more: fill out the form below for pricing
Word count is rounded to the nearest 10k words–no partial stories. There is no minimum word count—short stories are accepted.
In the price comparison above, notice how cost effective we (BRD) are compared to our competitors, while still providing the quality and care you need.
The reason why we’re less expensive is because we receive most of our business through referrals. So instead of relying on advertisements, we pass the savings on to our clients.
A few things to consider:
- All amounts are in USD and only received via Paypal (credit cards are accepted via Paypal). International customers are welcome. Paypal changes over the currency automatically.
- We reserve the ability to turn down any books or genres that we feel aren’t a good fit for our review staff.
- No erotica will be accepted. “Spicy” romance is fine, and in most cases, erotic romance is fine.
- While exposure is guaranteed, a certain number of sales are not guaranteed. The mileage can vary depending on the type of book, description, and quality of the cover.
- We do not post our Editorial Reviews on any website other than our own.
To proceed, fill out the form below. I look forward to being in touch with you.
“I’ve had my books reviewed by over 20 sites and BRD is by far the most comprehensive, well-written, longest, and well-thought out review. I highly recommend BRD to all authors and readers, and will use again. 5 out of 5 stars, no doubt.” – M.J. Roberts, author of Rock Hard: Chord Brothers Series